Saturday, May 12, 2012

Beauty is Pain Sista Girl!!!

So today is the day before Mother's Day and I'm doing my Saturday night roller wrap routine, to get that bounce action for church tomorrow. As I sit here under "Hell's Kitchen" aka the hair dryer, I reflect back on my childhood memories when my mom would fix my hair on Saturday nights. I can recall her combing my hair and me flenching with every stroke. I would cry and fuss about how it hurt and she always say "beauty is pain"....how well do I know! Now eleven years later, I relived that same memory with my daughter, who just like me...fussed about how her neck and head hurts from me fixing her hair....and just like my mom told me and I told my daughter...beauty is pain my love...with a smiles from reflecting.
As a Mahogany Lady, most of us have experienced the pain of getting that press and curl or relaxer from our moms when we were younger. It seems like that pain created a bond with our Them that evolved into memories. Through those Saturday nights hair do's and nail polish sessions, I learned how special it is to be a woman and the importance of self appearances. Those tears of pain helped me realize that I can endure anything and still come out as lovely and beautiful as ever!
On this Mother's Day, it's not about receiving gifts or recognition, it's about me creating those life long memories with my daughter, that my mom and grandmother created with me.

Happy Mother's Day Mahogany ladies!

Special wishes to my mommy Deneice King & Grandma Vernell King!!Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment