Monday, May 7, 2012

Short & Sassy 2 Long & Sexy

     In August 2009, 3weeks after I got married I decieded to do something that I never had enough guts to do...get a pixie cut!! I'd always admire that hair style and made several attempts to try it but never had the nerve to go through with it.....but on one of August spit fire hot days, I whacked it all off! 

Here is the Cut....




 Two years later I decided to enter the grow out phase...

                                                           Flip up style         May2011
  

Protective Sew-in June 2011


Length Check Nov 2011( 6months preggers!)


May 2012 My Current length
                                               
My Goal : to keep my hair healthy and continue growing it until it reaches mid-back length!
Im also going to try the Roller Set Challenge that everyones been talking about!!! =)

The process: Im exstatic about every little inch of new growth. I will relax my ebony locks every eight to twelve weeks instead of every six weeks. I will shampoo my hair once every week, while commiting to continuous rollersetting for six months to see if I notice any positive changes. Also end trims every six weeks will help with any breakage.

I will not: Use the flat iron unless its for my roots, harsh sprits, or braids with tension.

What I use for healthy hair: Organics Olive Oil Wrap/ Setting lotion, Aphogee moisturizing shampoo and the 2 Minute Reconstructing Treatment, Cream of Nature leave in conditioner and Organics Olive Oil sheen spray. For the roller set challenge I'm going to use magnetic rollers and flexi rods.

I will keep you guys updated on my progress and if you have any other great products I should try please let me know!!!!


 





1 comment: